Conditioning Operator (Full-time)
The Conditioning Operator works closely with the Conditioning Supervisor to ensure that all conditioned seed meets customer quality specifications, while also attempting to maximize the total number of units bagged from each run. Other essential job functions may include but not limited to:
* Performing work activities safely
* Assist with implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System
* Operating seed conditioning equipment according to instructions, including taking and documenting quality checks and activity as required
* Utilizes computers to record and locate information as needed
* Thoroughly cleaning all equipment between conditioning runs in order to maintain product integrity
* Lifting and stacking materials up to 68 lbs. for extended periods of time
* Safely climb stairs and/or ladders to monitor and adjust equipment
* Maximizes product throughput while maintaining product quality and integrity.
* Accurate completion of all conditioning records
* Accurate application and documentation of seed treatment
* Maintaining an accurate seed treatment inventory and adequate supply
* Performing preseason maintenance to prevent downtime during conditioning season
* Maintaining a neat, clean, and organized work area
• Ability to ensure quality and purity in areas of responsibility.
• Communicating effectively and positively to all company and outside people.
• Ability to understand and operate equipment in seed plant.
• Follows company policies and procedures for both safety and quality.
• Maintaining efficient use of time to ensure company profitability.
• Performing additional duties as directed by Department supervisor.
• Ability to pass a background check & drug test