Conf & Data Mgmt SW Specialist
Kirtland Ii, NM
Role and Responsibilities
The Configuration Management Software (CM SW) Specialist supports the execution of software C&DM activities pertaining to the software engineering services in support of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Applies the concepts, policies, and procedures for overseeing the functional and physical characteristics of the Aircrew Training Devices (ATDs) software and hardware
· Responsible for complying with established procedures to track, control, and maintain the program product baseline changes associated with initial submittal, authorization, and implementation to ensure timely incorporation.
· Prepares for the review of software change orders (SCOs) as required; works directly with software engineering cyber security and test staff to assemble information and compile accurate data for inclusion of the SCO build process; maintains documentation and tracks progress through site implementation.
· Maintains and updates the DCR database as necessary to ensure Engineering department input
· Submits data needed for the Engineering Review Board (ERB) as required
· Supports the maintenance of the Master Library; incorporates new software-related documentation and locates/discards replaced or rescinded documentation
· Conducts periodic audits and page counts of Master Library data; incorporates approved changes into the configuration item identification and technical documentation as the pertain to software
· Performs periodic audits on the CM-owned classified media
· Responsible for updating, restoring, and backing up training systems to the government-approved software baseline
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors’ degree OR four years related experience/training OR equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum of one year experience in configuration and data management
· Demonstrated knowledge of Military Standards procedures
· Ability to obtain and maintain required level of security clearance
· Experience with integrated logistics preferred
· Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
· Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
· Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Domestic and international travel as required.
· Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
· Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top or under the device.
· Shop floor environment.
· Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
· Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, loud noises
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.