Config and Data Management Manager
Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Location: Wichita, KS
- Leads and directs engineering and support organizations.
- Establishes, oversees, and administers processes, policies, and practices and determines resource requirements, acquisition, and redeployment plans.
- Works with subordinates to establish and evaluate employee performance plans.
- Interfaces with other organizations, customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies to define and evaluate accomplishment of project and program priorities.
- Apply knowledge of a variety of engineering practices, procedures, policies, and methodologies related to product definition, design documentation and release, configuration management, project planning, change control, technical and spatial integration and coordination.
- Apply knowledge of wide-ranging engineering process requirements, company policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Ability to establish resource requirements and manage allocations; establish and evaluate performance; coach, plan, and organize; and oversee process/project/program activities.
- Work closely with Program Manager & all functional organizations in the Value Chain to develop & implement schedules to meet program requirements and minimize cost.
- Key skills include:
- Project management
- Production & inventory management (eRP system familiarity)
- Ability to measure & manage organizational output
- Effectively lead team members & other functional organizations
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Successful candidates must be able to secure Program access approval
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years professional experience required, including strong business acumen
- Leadership skills & experience
- Familiarity with engineering roles & functions
- Previous management experience
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.