Configuration and Data Management Specialist (2/3/4)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Richardson, TX
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Defense Space and Security is currently looking for multiple Configuration and Data Management Specialist to join their team in Richardson, TX.
Job Description Qualifications:
Perform Configuration Management activities including the development of Configuration Management planning documentation; establishment and coordination of Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs) for hardware; managing and delivering engineering drawings, specification and software (Firmware), including engineering change documentation, requests for variances and other design documentation; maintaining configuration control of Technical Data Package (TDP); maintaining data within the CM document management tools, status accounting systems; maintaining configuration status accounting documentation; and supporting customer reviews and audits.
Performs development, analysis, management and compliance verification of process and product baselines of highly integrated complex products. Supports the definition and planning of comprehensive sets of product and subsystem level technical design reviews and audits for new and derivative products. Supports the analysis of complex product trades and/or changes and the development of change proposals. Supports the implementation of Configuration Management standards, processes, systems and tools. Works under general direction.
- Support Configuration Management activities including the supporting development of Configuration Management planning documentation
- Support implementing and maintaining lab hardware/software configuration control
- Coordination of Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs) for hardware; managing and delivering engineering drawings, specification and software (Firmware), including engineering change documentation
- Support processes requests for variances and other design documentation; maintaining configuration control of Technical Data Package (TDP)
- Maintains data within the CM document management tools, status accounting systems; maintaining configuration status accounting documentation
- Assist in the definition of Configuration and Data Management requirements for product hardware, software and engineering design data systems
- Support integration, routine analysis and resolution of issues with engineering product structure
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Associate’s degree or higher, Technical certificate or degree or 4 or more years of equivalent technical experience
- 1+ year experience using Product Lifecycle Management tools (ex. Siemens TeamCenter)
- 1+ year of configuration management/data management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Working knowledge of principles, standards and processes, such as described in ANSI/EIA-649 and/or MIL-HDBK 62, Configuration Management Standard.
- Clearcase/Clearquest Experience
- Nostromo Experience
- GitLab Experience
- Artifactory Experience
- TeamCenter Experience
- Windchill Experience
- Agile and CIDC Experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Level 2 - AA degree in related discipline and typically 1 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level 3 - AA degree in related discipline and typically 3 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level 4 - AA degree in related discipline and typically 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
- This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6D2FI2 (6F6)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement