Configuration Control Specialist
The Configuration Control Specialist reports to the Sr. Manger, Planning & Configuration, and is responsible for implementing established configuration management disciplines with multiple projects to ensure compliance to contract requirements and established procedures.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create/maintain material master data and bills of materials in LN Infor ERP system.
- Examine various project requirements for configuration and manufacturing process flow and develop the Bill of Material (BOM) structure, including parent/child relationships, product/unit effectively, and structuring of BOM to support manufacturing.
- Maintain and communicate processes, procedures, and program directions.
- Prepare information for data entry into the Item Master using PLM, design new Inventory items and assign part numbers as needed and ensure item attributes are correct.
- Review and maintain the item master to ensure information is up-to-date and reflects the current attribute, categories, catalog, pricing, and description changes.
- Coordinate revisions to shop orders and planned orders as required to implement the ECO in production documentation.
- Process released engineering documentation in terms of the previously established effective date, establishing item master information, and supporting the release of purchased and manufactured orders.
- Adjust the effective date as necessary based on new information.
- Manage the change until it is in production.
- Maintain Master Routing to ensure dates are in line.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Planning processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by TAS.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Capable of reading blueprints and other engineering documents
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain principles
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task on multiple projects
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Associates Degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline such as Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Military training and/or technical work experience could be considered in lieu of a degree
- Previous experience with ERP/MRP systems
- 3 years’ experience creating BOM’s
- 3 years’ experience exclusive experience in formalized Configuration Management roles
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline such as Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 7+ years total experience in Product Development/Manufacturing roles (Development, Test, CM, QA/QC, Assembly)
- 5+ years exclusive experience in formalized Configuration Management roles
- Experience with PDM (Product Data Management) systems such as SolidWorks
- 5 years’ experience creating BOM’s
- Experience with LN Infor
- Experience with BIM, in particular Revit
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position is at least 80% to 95% at a desk working with computer. Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Performs other physical activities including use of fingers, sitting, stooping, bending, crouching, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal and conduct extensive reading. The incumbent will be subject to inside environmental conditions.
Join a team driven to excel in all that we do! When you join TAS, you join a Houston-headquartered private company with a solid reputation built on outstanding value, integrity and customer focus. We offer our customers and employees the best of both worlds: a small company feel with the resources, talent, process and international reach of a large company.
TAS delivers innovative packaged modular systems that are engineered and manufactured in one of our Houston, TX facilities and utilized in data centers, power and commercial/industrial utility system applications. TAS has successfully delivered and commissioned over 520 packages to over 33 countries. The company is headquartered in Houston, TX and has two ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facilities in Houston, encompassing 400,000 sq. feet with close proximity to major shipping ports and interstate highways. TAS manages all logistics and transportation facilitating accelerated construction at customer’s facilities.
TAS’ fastest growing business is the data center market. By applying deep expertise in cooling, thermodynamics and power, TAS has developed an entire product line that revolutionizes data center delivery. TAS was selected as one of the 20 Most Promising Energy Technology Solution Providers 2016 & 2017 by CIO Review.
With our tremendous market potential, advanced technological systems, entrepreneurial culture as well as a talented and productive workforce, we continue to set and exceed aggressive market penetration and financial goals. More information is available at the company website at: www.tas.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TAS has implemented a non-smoking hiring policy effective January 1, 2012, under which Individuals considered for employment will need to pass a drug test which includes a nicotine panel.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Applications and resumes will be kept on file for a limited time and that the Company is under no duty or obligation to contact applicants if they are not selected for the job applied for or if other jobs become available in the future. Applicants that desire to apply for a job that becomes available at the Company in the future, should submit a new employment application or resume.
TAS Energy Inc. guarantees equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.