Configuration Data Manager – Journeyman (WBS)
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Passionate about supporting our Air Force and Airmen? We are too. Serco is an acronym for “Service Company”, and that is what we do, provide the best services to our USAF customers and fellow citizens every day. Serco is a place you can count on for growth, opportunity, and loyalty. Discover your place in our world.
If you want to work on a cutting edge Air Force program, Serco-WBB has a great opportunity for you! As a Configuration Data Manager, you will be supporting the B-21 Strike Systems Division (AFLCMC/WBS) at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
The B-21 Raider is the future backbone of the nation’s bomber force, holding any target at risk and providing lethal penetrating deep-strike capability. You will be part of the DoD’s benchmark acquisition team, providing bold and innovative solutions in engineering and program data management that includes working with the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office and Prime contractor.
In this role, you will:
- Utilize experience in all aspects of applicable commercial and USAF configuration management/data management (CM/DM) processes and policies across the weapon system lifecycle
- Organize and conduct Engineering Configuration Control Boards and Business Management Boards
- Assist in planning, execution, and participate in engineering design reviews, technical meetings, and working groups to provide management perspectives and resolve any configuration management issues
- Prepare, review, and obtain approval of contract data requirements lists and requests for nomenclature and Computer Program Identification Numbers
- Support all aspects of the deficiency reporting, management, and closure across the weapon system lifecycle
- Manage program documents, records, program history, meeting minutes and action items, proposals, deviations, and waivers
- Prepare for and execute engineering technical reviews and functional and physical configuration audits
- Manage configuration status accounting databases and contractor data substantiation
- Determine the impacts of the configuration management change process on lifecycle sustainment
- Participate on government and industry teams to resolve program and aircraft configuration management issues
- Support development and coordination of program configuration and data management requirements
- Support program data management tasks to include creating and maintaining Engineering Data Management Plans and Engineering Data Activity Files as well as planning and executing Engineering Data Guidance Conferences and In-Process Reviews (IPRs) of engineering drawings
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A DoD SECRET security clearance with Background Investigation within the last 6 (six) years or on Continuous Evaluation. Ability to obtain Special Access Programs (SAP) access and apply for a TOP SECRET clearance
- A Bachelor's Degree with 5 (five) years of relevant CM/DM experience in Government and/or private industry, or a High School Diploma with 9 (nine) years of relevant CM/DM experience
Additional desired experience and skills:
- TOP SECRET security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility and background investigation current within the past 6 years or on Continuous Evaluation
- 1 (one) year SAP experience accrued within the last 3 (three) years
If you are interested in supporting and working with our Air Force and airmen and a dedicated Serco-WBB team, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [email protected] or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [email protected]
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).