Configuration Engineer – New Glenn
Blue Origin, LLC
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of New Glenn product development and mission integration. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
To be successful you will need to:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Lead the overall physical integration and packaging of structural, mechanical, fluids, and avionics subsystems of various spaceflight systems.
- Define and manage interfaces between vehicle subsystems using appropriate control documents including interface control documents and interface control models.
- Coordinate configuration reviews to address interfaces, assembly, and operations.
- Facilitate and resolve integration and development issues between engineering teams
- Lead cross-functional trade and impact studies to assist in development of formal changes and overall coordination of changes.
- Provide technical assistance to integration and testing activities
- Ensure that the configuration supports major design reviews and integration milestones.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- B.S. degree in engineering and at least 8 years of experience in the development and packaging of aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicle structures
- Demonstrated configuration control experience on recently developed aircraft or launch vehicles from early trade studies through final design and into manufacturing and test
- Strong design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software and visualization tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling and planning principles and tools
- Good judgment and flexibility. Driven to achieve results
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience using PTC Creo, DOORS, and Windchill
- Knowledge of aerospace vehicle fabrication and assembly techniques
- Ability to interpret and apply high-level system requirements to practical design solutions
- Current top secret clearance, or ability to obtain needed clearance.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Estimated hourly wage (Colorado only): $105K- $176k
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays