Configuration Management Analyst
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Configuration Management Analyst, you will be responsible for providing Configuration Management support to Surface Transportation at the program, project, system, and subsystem levels. Generate and maintain formal CM Plans and related documentation. Establish and maintain program and project-level configuration management technical data repositories tracking all change requests. Participate in the CM process by maintaining controlled and versioned software and documentation in accordance with the program or project CM plan. Provide process improvement suggestions towards the program or project CM plan.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Configuration Management support at the program, project, system, and subsystem levels.
- Generate and maintain formal CM Plans and related documentation.
- Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented and comply with standard configurations
- Develop and maintain configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost-effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements
- Manage project level access in Jira
- Trains staff in the use of tools and the implementation of quality standards across projects and support areas
- Operates configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing.
- Establish and maintain program and project-level configuration management technical data repositories tracking change requests, request for deviations/waivers and other configuration item data.
- Participate in the CM process by maintaining controlled and versioned software and documentation in accordance with the program or project CM plan and Data Management Plan.
- Provide process improvement suggestions towards the program or project CM plan.
- Manages Configuration Items (CIs) across the system lifecycle, ensuring CIs are identified, baselined, maintained, and changes to CIs are controlled
- Ensure formally approved software releases into controlled environments are completed as scheduled
- Maintain a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) capable of holding information on all CIs including attributes and the relationships between CIs
- Maintain the Configuration Management Plan which establishes the framework for identifying, controlling, reporting on, and auditing CIs
- Maintain and update CM policy, plans and procedures through the Configuration Management Plan
- Maintain a configuration media library for hardware and software
- Processing, tracking, updating, maintaining, and closing Change Requests
- Performing audits, assessments and CMDB health checks • Documenting CM processes and procedures
- Preparing CM metrics related to overall success and effectiveness of the CM program
- Updating/maintaining CM SharePoint sites and document libraries
- Facilitate change management and Change Control Boards, coordinate and conduct or enable builds for test and delivery, and triage Configuration Management pipeline failures.
- Represent Configuration Management in program reviews, presenting relevant data and defending project technical issues
- Planning and prepare Functional Configuration Audits (FCA) and Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs)
- Receive and review contractor submitted data deliverables which, include CM Plans (CMP), Audit Plans, and change documentation.
- Facilitate meetings, reviews or associated CM activities
- Release management to ensure that all items are captured in the software development library, baselined and released with all accompanying documentation
- Provide support to Programs/Project kick off and review meeting.
- Evaluate requirements and coordinate the development and implementation of configuration management, data management and electronic data support.
- Responsible for generating program specific configuration management plans that tailor existing procedures for implementation of contractual requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of CM fundamentals such as configuration records, status accounting, as-built records, and change control.
- Must exhibit ethical standards in all aspects of operations including integrity of engineering documentation and in the performance of CM policies, procedures, and methods.
- Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and met, and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
- Experience in Configuration management and configuration control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g., JIRA, GIT, Bitbucket)
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team
- Must be customer focused meeting customer expectations while ensuring compliance to company policies, procedures, and methods.
The candidate must demonstrate:
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly adapt to schedule demands.
- The ability to learn and adapt to new technologies along with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and writing skills.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of software development methodology
- Experience using JIRA, GIT or other source control or CM tools
- Experience with requirements traceability and requirements management tools
- Experience performing software testing
- Experience developing user documentation/procedures
- Experience with Windows and/or Unix server administration
- Experience with Virtual Machines
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.