Configuration Management Analyst
Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers’ training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
Designs and establishes configuration management documentation required for assigned Programs. Analyzes proposed product design changes to determine the effect on the overall system. Establishes baselines and authorizes the release of engineering drawings and other contract artifacts produced by the program team. Provides advice and guidance on best practices, methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation and/or engineering artifact. Ensures adherence to processes during execution of daily tasking and provides quality products in support of our customers. Acts as liaison between management and other functional groups to resolve issues regarding configuration documentation or the processing of changes using internal tools. Performs audits to verify compliance with contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of configuration management and data management.
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization and may have multiple programs assigned with minimal oversight or direction.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes, and approaches.
- Responsible for managing contract and supplier deliverables, processing hardware and software changes, and providing configuration status accounting reporting.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a track record of success and continuous improvements
- Strong leadership, delegation, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with six sigma and lean tools
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills and able to interface/support large teams
- Preferred experience with Cost Estimation tools for planning labor associated with CM activities to support the assigned program.
- Experience with ClearQuest, ClearCase, Costpoint, Windchill or similar CM tools.
- Direct experience conducting Functional and Physical Configuration Audits.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May be required to sit down for long lengths of time.
- May be required to climb stairs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.