Configuration Management Analyst
Title:Configuration Management Analyst
This position will support Ground Vehicle Support Center (GVSC) Product Lifecycle Engineering under the Configuration Management (CM) Team.
Analyst position will support the organization with CM efforts and performs CM activities associated with configuration identification; change control; release management, status accounting, physical and functional configuration reviews and audits. Participates in CM planning, policy implementation and CM Plan development at the Program level. Additional requirements include:
- Reports on CM activities and maintains status accounting records; conducts process audits; works with management to identify and resolve issues; supports the established Change Control process, participates in process improvement initiatives, organizes and supports Configuration Control Boards (CCB).
- Enters and records data supporting parts, drawings, CAD, and other configuration management artifacts into the PDM system and releases the information to the program engineers for their review and concurrence for release.
- Develops, coordinates, maintains and enforces CM plans, processes and procedures to ensure artifacts are identifiable and maintainable. Maintain configuration control of acquisition products and data, as well as tracking configuration changes. Coordinating and supporting development and processing of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Engineering Release Records (ERRs), and Requests for Variances(RFVs).
- Oversees and manages Engineering Change workflows, ensure released package integrity, maintains/ensures integrity of CM databases and assists with preparing and conducting Physical Configuration Audits and work package artifacts.
- Evaluates technical data packages and documents to determine compatibility and to verify urgency, reason, need for changes, classification, justification, priority, and acceptance of ECP’s and RFV’s submitted by engineers and co-user activities.
- Supports decision making process by assuring that all mandatory forms and supporting technical data affecting the product baseline are provided including identity of affected vehicles, identity of items the proposed change affects, and completed interchangeability factors, and returns incomplete or inaccurate ECPs, ERR’s and RFV’s.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree or in lieu of, a minimum of 6 years experience in any Army platform logistics field.
- Must be a US citizen, applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. An active secret level security clearance is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Must have good writing skills
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have ability to use MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, databases)
- Experience in CM, Quality, or record keeping is prefered but other relevant logistics experience will be concidered
- Product Data Management (PDM) software experience (Windchill/SharePoint)
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.