Configuration Management Specialist
Configuration Management Specialist
If you love project management and change processing - Serco has a great opportunity for you in supporting the U.S. Navy! This Configuration Management Specialist will be located at our Alexandria, VA site supporting the new construction and design of U.S. Navy’s ships.
In this role, you will work with a highly skilled and detailed oriented team to:
- Participate in change processing through both Baseline and Post-Baseline Design processes.
- Analytically review cost information and combine into cost packages for our Navy customer.
- Write detailed and exact meeting minutes on various change topics for both Baseline and Post-Baseline Design.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders to resolve questions and/or concerns with change issues.
- Create and maintain standard procedures and trainings on assigned tasking.
- Assist team in instruction updates, drafting letters, Navy correspondence, and documentation.
- Participate in weekly and bi-weekly meetings with both Shipbuilders and Design Agents.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and Two to four years’ experience, or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, greater than 7 years’ experience on Navy platforms performing configuration management.
- Ability to gain DoD Secret security clearance.
- Located in the D.C. Area
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs; primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to plan and coordinate individual assignments.
- Ability to collaborate in a virtual environment with team members in multiple locations.
- Research skills and questioning attitude.
- Solution oriented.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our Navy as well as on a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [email protected] or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [email protected]
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).