Configuration Management Specialist
ASRC Federal Data Solutions, LLC
ASRC Federal AFSS is a premier provider of systems engineering, software engineering, system integration and project management services for real-time, mission-critical defense systems. We are seeking a full-time Configuration Management Specialist to support a NASA contract in Greenbelt, MD.
- Provide mid-level Configuration Management (CM) support to the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Program implementing CM processes and procedures that support the procurement, development, integration, test, and delivery of the project.
- Facilitate Configuration Management (CM) coordination of documentation jointly shared between National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) and NASA for the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program.
- Coordinate Configuration Management (CM) control of Joint Polar System (JPS) documentation with European Organization for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) Data Management Counterparts.
- Standing up new project CM processes, such as the Microwave Sounder Satellite (MWS) and QuickSounder (QS) project and any other new projects under the Low Earth Observing System (LEOS) portfolio.
- Support the development and change control of the projects controlled and reference documentation which includes the management and control of, hardware, software, plans, procedures, requirements, drawings, work order authorizations, engineering orders, and deviations/waivers.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of project-related Configuration Management Procedure (CMP) in accordance with 400-PG-1410.2.1 Configuration Management Procedures and Guidelines” (PG), Code 400 Goddard Procedural Requirements, GPR 1410.2, Configuration Management, and the GSFC ISO/Quality Management System.
- Maintain and update the CM Management Information System (MIS) in support of all program and project CM and data management activities.
- Assist the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB) representative in coordinating ERB/CCB activities including generating ERB/CCB agendas/minutes, distributing documentation for review, dispositioning, and implementing final documentation, and tracking any related actions.
- Support the receipt, review, disposition, and related distribution of Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) items.
- Maintain and produce configuration management related status reporting as needed and in support of key program and project lifecycle reviews.