Configuration Management Specialist – TACNET
San Francisco, CA
Are you a Configuration Management Specialist looking for a place where you can make a difference every day? Serco is the place for you!
Join Serco in support of our Defense Service sector and Systems Integration and Installation Business Unit as a Configuration Management Specialist (CMS) supporting the Tactical Afloat Networks Program Office (PMW 160).
As a CMS, you will provide support in establishing and maintaining a documented baseline for US Navy C4I systems. The successful candidate will provide configuration management or technical system support for US Navy C4ISR systems including CANES, ADNS, ISNS, CENTRIXS, and SCI Networks.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and verifying data on existing enterprise platforms, locations, hardware, software, and documentation for entry into the configuration management system (CMPRO) for the establishment or update of baselines in accordance with PMW 160 Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Support the government's CM program and assisting the lead CMS in developing, reviewing, and maintaining the program CM Plan.
- Work with other CM team members with product structure/configuration hierarchy definition and maintaining configuration baselines (Functional, Allocated, Product, As-Installed).
- Evaluate and process submitted Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) and coordinate efforts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT), Program and PMW Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Platform Technical Review Board (PTRB) meetings/discussions.
- Review, update, and provide CM process training to contractor and government personnel as required.
- Establish complete baselines for hardware and software and displaying the information via the CM data repository.
- Support the government's Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) process and procedures.
- Provide weekly status updates and Monthly Activity Reports.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A bachelors degree and 2+ years or more of related experience; or a high school diploma/GED and 5+ years of related experience
- An active Secret clearance.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of baseline management and ECR process for US Navy C4ISR systems including ADNS, CANES, ISNS, CENTRIXS, and SCI Networks.
- A thorough knowledge and documented use of databases used for configuration management support of US Navy C4ISR systems. Experience with CMPro, SAILOR, and PMW-160 Programs.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [email protected] or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [email protected]
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).