Configuration Manager/ Configuration Management Specialist
Title:Configuration Manager/ Configuration Management Specialist
- Establish and control functional, allocated, and product baselines
- Analyze proposed engineering changes of functional, allocated, and product baselines to determine potential impacts and effects on product and system
- Coordinate modification records for management control
- Review and analyze released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
- Ensure that customer requirements are implemented and review change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
- Manage data inputs into product data management tools and configuration trace systems to ensure configuration and revision control integrity of technical baselines
- Validate and verify configuration status accounting process to ensure key data is captured; provides guidance/direction for proper data entry and creation of configuration trace structure and open item creation and closures
- Document and manage delivery of all required contract data
- Participate in proposal process; interpret statement of work and proposal documents to identify CM requirements
- Knowledge of Government standards for data security such as markings, handling of classified and unclassified information, and how to handle the distribution of this information
- Develop and maintain Configuration Management Plans (CMP)
- Perform Functional Configuration Audits (FCA) and Physical Configuration Audits (PCA)
- Software Configuration Management
- Experience in CM Tools (e.g., PTC Windchill, SharePoint)
- Hardware CM Experience
- CM experience with military products and services
- Experience working with United States Government (USG) customers
- Understanding of DM process and relationship to CDRLs, SDRLs and Data Rights
- Interprets engineering changes and understands Change Control Board process
- Knowledge of how to dialogue with USG for successful outcomes
- Solid knowledge of CM processes
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelors Degree with 4 years experience
- 6 to 8 years of direct CM experience may be accepted in lieu of Bachelors
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.