Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Company Job Title:
100, 300, 400
Full Time Non-exempt
At the Cleveland, Ohio site our focus is manufacturing or remanufacturing of high-quality armature, stator, OEM coils, and field service coils for the transit industry while maintaining high quality. The configurators are responsible for coil configuration to customer specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the manufacturing of AC/DC motor coils to produce quality work to customers written specification. Set-up and check coil to specifications sheets. Set up wire cutter, bender, winder, press, spreader, and forms to prepare for production. Coil will be brazed by resistance copper to copper, must be qualified by company standards. Set-up lap winder to print and/or sample, get wire and check to verify size and type to order, cut and charge required materials for winding loops, wind and check coil, notify work leader or supervisor to inspect coil to specifications. Wind required number of laps and move them to the next operation. (Multi-turn coils) Set-up bender to print using proper pins and dyes for wire, packages to be bent, bend coil and submit to work leader or supervisor for approval. (Single turn coils) Coil forming-selecting forms, shaping spread loop on lead form Must become familiar with coil packaging practices. Other duties as required.
- High School graduate, or equivalent course work in skilled crafts or trades training.
- One-year minimum industry experience in manufacturing or transportation and/or training.
- Possess basic ship math skills, and ability to read and interpret blueprints and diagrams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Familiarity with brazing or soldering.
- Must have knowledge of shop math including the ability to use standard and metric systems.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, read scales, and weights.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and hands on.
- Employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Employee is regularly required to stand for 8 hours at a time, with minimal breaks.
- Employee is regularly required to push/pull/lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Employee is regularly required to see and observe small handwriting, labels, and components.
- Employee is regularly required to operate heavy machinery, including but not limited to forklifts and cranes.
- Employee is regularly required to wear a steel toe shoes and safety glasses at all times.
- The Position requires the employee to be on-site during scheduled shift to perform daily duties and responsibilities.
The employee will normally work in a non-temperature-controlled environment, with frequent exposure to electronic equipment. The employee may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.