Confirmation Laboratory Technician II
Santa Rosa, CA
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for the treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Confirmations Lab Technician II is within our Toxicology Division located in Santa Rosa, CA. This role will process GC/MS and/or LC/MS/MS data following instrumental analysis for drugs of abuse.
2:00 pm-10:30 pm
WHAT YOU’LL DO :
- Read, understand, and follow written Standard Operating Procedures
- Correctly identify analyzed samples and verify the accuracy of sequence for each batch
- Process acquired instrument data and generate appropriate reports
- Conduct the first review of GC/MS and/or LC/MS/MS analytical data by each assay SOP
- Transcribe or upload results to the LIS for final review and certification
- Maintain proper and adequate Chain of Custody batch documentation
- Communication with supervisors and prompt escalation of emerging challenges
- Maintain and promote a safe healthful environment for self and co-workers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- A Bachelor's degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, or a related field
- At least one year of experience working in an analytical lab.
- The ability to work safely with biological specimens, chemicals, equipment, and instruments.
- Experience working with biological specimens and/or analytical instruments (LC/MS/MS and/or GC/MS)
- Attention to detail
- Achieving results ethically
- Awesome oral and written communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and a history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The salary for this role is between:N/A
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:TOX ARDx Toxicology
LOCATION:United States > Santa Rosa : 3700-3730 Westwind Blvd.
WORK SHIFT:3Rd Shift (United States Of America)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Awkward/forceful/repetitive (arms above shoulder, bent wrists), Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf