Connected Service Sales Representative (Remote)
Los Angeles, CA
For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust. It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration. Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
MSA Safety is looking for passionate, self-motivated individuals driven to be highly successful who possess an entrepreneurial spirit. In this role you will identify and create new business opportunities as well as achieve all sales and profit targets in the West Coast region of the US. The successful candidate will be driven to develop opportunities with key end-user/channel-partner customers through networking, meeting with and presenting to corporate contacts, field level end users, and executives.
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans for assigned markets, named accounts, key channel partners and new market sectors.
- Create and close new opportunities in support of sales plan achievements.
- Understand and use a comprehensive sales process to clearly communicate insights to internal stakeholders.
- Develop creative, convincing proposals and presentations that clearly convey our value proposition, capabilities and competitive advantage.
- Work collaboratively with our sales team to drive sales plan performance and develop best in class connected/SAAS selling skills.
- Develop strong working relationships with channel partners and representatives to oversee the implementation of our connected solution strategies and programs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key customers, including negotiating, closing, adopting, expanding, and renewing opportunities.
- Utilize a comprehensive sales process to understand the clients’ criteria and articulate this to internal stakeholders
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities Required
- Proven track-record in successful B2B (business to business) sales.
- Strong business acumen and expert negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with a proven ability to execute strategic sales plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships.
- Sales creativity.
- Proficiency with a CRM program.
- Ability to sell our complete service offerings as solutions that match customer needs.
- A tremendous passion to change the face of worker and worksite safety and business outcomes in a technology-powered world.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and successfully with colleagues across the company.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative solutions and overcome customer objections.
- Outstanding organization, communication, and presentation skills.
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated data-driven mindset.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a bias for action and the ability to work at high-speeds and driven by results.
- Understanding of solution and services selling techniques and selling cloud-based solutions.
- Ability to negotiate and close large, connected service solution opportunities with large and complex organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred
- Proven track record in gas detection sales.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent experience
- 4 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- This position is available at three different career levels based upon experience, education:
- Level one: 5 years sales or related business experience in related industry
- Level two: 6 years sales or related business experience in related industry
- Level two: 8 years sales or related business experience in related industry
- MSA is requiring that successful applicants for this position be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- As such, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment. Candidates must provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment.
- Applicants who wish to apply for a medical, religious, or any other accommodation required under applicable law can do so, but it should be acknowledged that accommodations are not guaranteed and are decided on a case-by-case basis. If you are not vaccinated or do not intend to be vaccinated, and you will not be seeking an accommodation, we recommend that you withdraw your application.