Connected Services Feature Architect
Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and Data
Connected Services Feature Architect
Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for a Connected Services Feature Architect. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
The Feature Architect will help implement, expand and maintain various connected vehicle feature enablers and connected services. This position will be a key member of the Architecture team, and will share architecture, design, and support responsibilities within the team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understanding business strategy and defining systems architecture to support that strategy.
- Contributing to overall architecture and design, working closely with enterprise architects.
- Working with Quality Assurance and developers to ensure software builds meet system, functional and performance requirements and adhere to corporate policies such as security and privacy.
- Researching, analyzing, and evaluating service delivery methods and techniques.
- Identifying and evaluating platforms and technologies to meet business needs.
- Systems architecture, System design, implementation and ongoing administration.
- Translating business needs into Enterprise application requirements.
- Developing artifacts such as Entity Relationship Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, User Stories, Use Cases, Swim Lanes.
- Partnering with Delivery lead to develop a delivery schedule and drive solution delivery according to plan.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of leadership responsibility in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of requirements gathering techniques.
- Experience in developing artifacts such as Entity Relation Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, User Stories, Use Cases, Swim Lanes, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative with the ability to collaborate with the global team to creatively solve complex problems.
- Experienced with integrating complex multi-systems solutions and with Cloud, iOT platforms.
- Experience with evaluating systems designs, API design and development practices.
- Troubleshooting / Root cause analysis experience.
- Ability to indirectly lead a cross-functional team towards a common solution.
- Ability to work within an offshore application development supplier engagement model.
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn complex business processes.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities in a cross-functional setting.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to interact with business partners and service providers at multiple levels.
- Ability to hold themselves and others accountable for resolving issues and maintaining project timelines.
- Experience working in Connected Features Design or Development.
- Exposure to AGILE, DEVOPS & ITIL concepts.
- Experience in managing DFMEA's, vehicle CAN Bus and logging tools.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.