Connected Services Systems Engineer
Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and Data
Connected Services Systems Engineer
Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for a Connected Services Systems Engineer. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
The team is seeking candidates that will be responsible for Connected Services, Vehicle Access, Start, & Security voice of the customer (VoC) development, customer functional objectives target setting, and vehicle level DVP&R development and execution. This role will support the vehicle integration and validation process by owning and maintaining functional objective scorecard, leading the attribute team, and supporting tech club and vehicle program requests. The position will investigate and analyze vehicle issues for root causes and issue the appropriate documentation for resolution including leading the team where the issue crosses multiple vehicle disciplines. This position will lead and support ride and drive events, overnight evaluations, and trips with vehicle updates and diagnostic tools. They will also set vehicle-specific objective performance targets for all connectivity, vehicle access, security and start features based benchmarks of competitive set, translated voice-of-customer, and industry knowledge.
Key Job Duties:
- Manages their program-specific features and timing to ensure features are on time to milestones.
- Cross-functional team leader.
- Supports testing, issue tracking, triage and resolution.
- Owns vehicle level scorecard.
- Creates AFOD with Specialists.
- Program Managers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited program.
- Three years of engineering experience in automotive industry.
- Strong desire to understand customer wants and vehicle development program.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral).
- Strategic thinker.
- Familiar with CAN tools & Radio/TBM logging tools.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work.
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced work environment with minimum assistance.
- Program management experience.
- Understanding of automative electrical architectures and systems.
- Electrical and/or software background.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.