Connected Services Technical Support – Digital Hub
Spirax Sarco, Inc.
For our customers, Spirax Sarco is synonymous with excellence in steam system engineering. We offer the industry’s most extensive range of products with services, coupled with practical industry application expertise. In short, we create solutions that set the benchmark for steam-using organizations worldwide.
Location: Open; Work is primarily remote with travel. Preference for candidates residing near a Hub location.
Providing expertise and support for the operations and commissioning of IoT enabled solutions specifically Connected Services, you will work in a hands-on manner with both internal team members and 3rd parties to successful deliver Connected Services value to customers.
- Ensuring the successful commissioning, on-boarding, and operations of Connected Services in the Americas Division
- Ensuring the Division’s Operating Companies are aptly supported during pre-sales, sales, and operations of Connected Services solutions and services.
- Providing full life-cycle level 1 and 2 support for Connected Services Applications.
Connected Services Commissioning and Operations
- Working with the Connected Services Operations organisation to support Connected Services Operations within the Division’s OpCos
- Supporting and working with Division's OpCos to commission Connected Services at customer sites
- Provide technical expertise and liaison with 3rd-parties and systems integrators to support the Edge Gateway / Computer / System specification and sourcing
Level 1 and 2 Support
- Working with the Connected Services Operations organisation to provide level 1 and 2 support to sales activity with business development teams
- Working with the Connected Services Operations organisation to provide level 1 and 2 support to operate the digital solutions and meet customer support goals
- Provide level 1 and 2 support to Connected Services experts to support service delivery goals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a Technical Engineering discipline
- A strong preference for candidates with previous experience supporting IoT / connected offerings
- Ideally a competent user of Microsoft Azure IoT Hub and related IoT services (Time Series Insights, Power BI, AI/ML)
- Aptitude and passion to become the technical authority on IoT and industrial automation systems with good understanding of on-premise industrial automation systems (PLC, SCADA, BMS) and how to interface to them
- Technical exposure to Field Service and Asset Management platforms and IoT based Connected Services capabilities
- A passion for technology and customer support; ideally has previous experience providing support in an agile, collaborative manner with customers and internal product, services teams..
- Hands on experience working with edge, communication infrastructure.
- Ability to prioritise workload and trouble-shoot IoT communications and application issues throughout the lifecycle.
- Ability to take the initiative, be assertive, whilst remaining customer focused
- Ability to deliver quality in a fast-paced environment; aptitude for multi-tasking, working to emerging & tight timelines
- Good organisational, verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence and negotiate
- A growth mind-set and a willingness to learn
- Understanding of steam systems and equipment applications is a plus
- 3+ years of SCADA/HMI / automation expertise, ideally in Iconics environment
- 3+ years of IoT application development, ideally in Azure environment
- 2+ years experience supporting IoT Hardware, Software and Operations
- Experience developing/ working with steam or fluid process system applications is a plus
Find out what our employees are saying about working for Spirax Sarco at www.spiraxlife.com