Connected Services Validation Engineer
Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and Data
Connected Services Validation Engineer
Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for a Connected Services Validation Engineer. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
The Connected Services Validation Engineer will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- User Acceptance Testing- Testing the software to make sure it can handle required tasks in real-world scenarios, per specifications.
- Test Case Creation – Create test cases based off specifications. Questions specification author if requirements are not clear.
- Defect Management -- Participating in Standard Defect Management practices: defect creation, clarification, retesting, and verification. The Validation Engineer will be responsible for creating clear, accurate, and reproducible defects from which a developer can resolve defects.
- Root Cause Analysis – Performing the first level of triage of a defect during testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering degree.
- 2 ½ -5 years of experience in Telematics is required – Must be relevant work experience (will not consider internships or coops as part of that experience).
- 2 ½ years of experience with CAN.
- Linux/QNX/Command Line and/or Telnet.
- Test case writing.
- Ticket/defect management experience.
- In-vehicle Connected Vehicle Application experience (i.e. cloud/SDP).
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fast Learner, clear, concise, precise communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
- Comfortable when working in a loosely defined role.
- Passion for telematics and internet / Smart Phone based applications.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering.
- Experience with CAPL.
- Experience and knowledge of cutting edge technologies within the connected vehicle.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.