Connectivity Engineer – Software
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
We are on a mission to expand our portfolio and solutions to drive channel and customer loyalty while also supporting global efforts such as decarbonization and sustainability. Using the power of our innovative products, our goal is to create value for our customers and take a leadership role in the market.
We are transforming the way we do business by changing how we think – learn more about joining our team!
The Connectivity Engineer - Software is responsible for the development of software for an embedded microprocessor with an emphasis on connectivity. Software development is focused on electronic controls for HVAC and water heating products including requirements, design, qualification, and life cycle support. Will work to implement and extend a common controls architecture strategy within Rheem. This is a key position on the electronic controls team within Rheem’s Advanced Technology Integration organization, providing advanced technologies and systems solutions for Rheem’s Water Heating, Air Conditioning, and Raypak business units.
This position will serve our Enterprise Division, located in Roswell, Georgia. This is a Hybrid role.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with systems engineering, product engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and others to capture electronic controls requirements for specific HVAC and water heating applications.
- Work collaboratively with Lead Software and Systems Architecture Engineer to develop and extend software architecture and design for software applications.
- Develop software for embedded applications, following team conventions for design and documentation.
- Provide a comprehensive self-review and test of software.
- Work with systems and product engineers to support the validation of the software in the product application, with a focus on identifying and resolving any software, hardware, or system anomalies.
- Work with controls contract manufacturers, products manufacturing engineering, and service on the implementation and validation of software features to support construction and field support.
- Support the development of tools for PC, handheld, and other devices that could be used for development, test, manufacturing, service, or other applications.
- Work with cross-functional teams through direct interactions and team meetings in developing and translating new concepts into applications.
- Develop performance and qualification test methods, coordinate the implementation of experiments, and evaluate test results.
- Lead and participate in formal design reviews of electronic controls requirements, schematics, layouts, software, as well as FMEA, DFM, DFT, and other related analyses.
- Prepare and support the review and release of formal requirements, design, and qualification documentation.
- Continue to develop professionally. Represent the company as requested in technical societies and keep the company advised of pertinent developments, new concepts, and opportunities.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer, and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- An innovative solution-first spirit and an ability to think creatively.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, IT, and/or engineering-related fields.
- 5+ years of C/C++ software engineering experience in multi-threaded, real-time embedded systems.
- Experience in the developing of production software for embedded microprocessor-based controls in assembly and C
- Experience in Secure Boot, X509, TLS, Encrypted File Systems.
- Experience in presenting technical information to groups.
- Experience working successfully with multiple departments such as R&D, marketing, manufacturing, service engineering, suppliers, and customers.
- Expert-level programming experience in assembly and C.
- Familiarity with multiple communications media and protocol including, but not limited to, wired, wireless, optic, CAN, BACNet, Modbus, TCP/IP.
- Familiarity with test-driven design methodologies to develop automated unit and system tests of software
- Technical knowledge of product design and failure analysis.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods or Design-of-Experiments (DOE)
- Experience with electronic analysis methodologies and associated instrumentation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- High technical aptitude.
- Able to work with cross-functional teams (e.g., product managers, engineers, business teams) and external subject matter experts.
- Passionate about building and owning innovative, customer-facing services/products.
- Great presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- HVAC / Water Heating industry experience preferred.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation for any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.