Construction Accounting Coordinator
John R. Jurgensen Co.
Eaton Asphalt is seeking an experienced Construction Contract Coordinator to join thier team!
A company with over 100 years of history, Eaton Asphalt is the preferred asphalt paving contractor providing asphalt paving solutions for commercial and municipal customers in the Northern Kentucky area.
The Contract Coordinator performs job set-up, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, ensures job information is up-to-date and performs job close-out/finalization for Eaton Asphalt state and commercial projects. You will be working at our main office located in Walton, KY.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional self-motivated individual to contribute to a crucial part of the organization.
Key accountabilities in order of priority and with ideal time allocations are:
- Accurately performs job costing analysis to facilitate proper allocation and processing to track job performance. (25%)
- Creates and processes invoices and payments to facilitate the collection of payments. (25%)
- Completes job set-up to ensure compliance with contracts and to facilitate accurate collection of job information. (15%)
- Performs job/project finalization tasks to identify and correct discrepancies and prepare for collection of final payment. (15%)
Construction Accounting Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Provide support with job setup and after set up in HCSS for Estimators/Project Managers
- Review bid documents
- Establish needs for bonds
- Fill out affidavits and return to sub contractors
- Upload job to Heavy Job and One World software programs
- Submit job sheet / asphalt price sheet to Accounts Payable
- Upload job set up sheets
- Set up in Heavy Bid software, create job numbers, send to appropriate parties, verify accuracy, reslove edits, update item descriptions, verify cost, add required information, and send cost code sheets to plant and quality control
- Provide support on bidding (such as order bonds)
- Receive pay estimates and processess sub contractor payments for approval
Construction Accounting Coordinator Qualifications:
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker who is detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess problem solving skills.
- Experience with HCSS (Heavybid / Heavyjob), Blue Book Online and JD Edwards/ One World software is a plus.
- Cost accounting and / or construction experience is preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business is preferred.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet(KYTC), Time & Material, Invoicing / Billing, Construction, Cost Accounting, Journal Entries, Contract Administration