Construction Administration Document Control Coordinator
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong.
The role of the CCA Document Control Coordinator is to be a liaison between Jacobs and the Contractor/Client; handling all correspondence and documentation during construction (CA) phase, which primarily consists of time sensitive files. The Coordinator should be equipped with a proficient knowledge of software, i.e., ProjectWise, Adobe, Microsoft Word & Excel (all Microsoft Office programs) and various databases as required by project (database systems training to be provided). Communication, organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and a sense of teamwork are integral to effectively maintain the various duties and partnerships required of the position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the flow of construction-related documents, including inputting and recording data in web-based Construction Information System (CIS). Handling time sensitive files (Project Submittals and RFIs). These files are sent directly to the coordinator who will then send out to project team members for review within the given deadline as provided contractually by the project. Upon review, the coordinator receives the finished file and returns back to the contractor/client. Assist Architects and Engineers in their construction administration duties by forwarding, monitoring and processing shop drawings, requests for information, change orders and other project documents.
- Assist the Project Construction Administrator in coordination of procedures at the start of each project, including setting up new projects in CIS, entering directories, uploading drawings, etc.
- Maintain and update a file system for all documents and materials. These files are kept on a company database system and/or network drives. The files should be organized according to CCA standards or as specified by Project Manager.
- Maintain and update log for each specific project. Tracking timeframes for each submittal and RFI. Send out reminders to team on Due Dates and Past Due items.
- Manage the flow of construction-related documents, including inputting and recording data in web-based Construction Information System (CIS), for multiple local and regional construction projects.
- Maintain electronic files and comply with Firm Retention Policy for applicable paper and electronic files.
- Written correspondence between team and clients. Keeping team aware of any conversations or modifications going on with the project.
- Coordinate team meetings as needed.
- The successful candidate will provide construction administration support on various projects in collaboration with project construction administrators, architects, engineers, and firm leadership.
- General administrative tasks as assigned.
Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- Previous related A/E/C industry experience
- Demonstrated administrative skills in an office setting required as well as virtual environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in multi-tasked, deadline driven environment and handle a large volume of electronic documents
- United States Citizenship
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Bachelors Degree
- Knowledge and working sense of Construction Information Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, PDF editor (Adobe or Bluebeam)