Bernhard's core mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering, and Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey Energy-as-a-Service ("EaaS") solutions to our clients. At the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhard's vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through the delivery of excellent, high-value service and innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential Duties
The Construction Administrator, in collaboration with the Project Manager, is responsible to ensure that the contract document requirements for the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, structural, and systems are upheld by the contractor throughout the construction process.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs site visits to monitor and ensure the contractor’s adherence to the contract document requirements throughout the construction phase of a project.
- Produces the project observation reports that include any discrepancies between the contract document requirements and what has been installed.
- Coordinates and documents the contractor's notice and resolution of all outstanding issues.
- Coordinates with the design team in response to Requests For Information (RFIs) and pricing proposals.
- Documents and tracks meeting notes and action items from construction meetings.
- Conducts cost change and closeout document reviews.
- Ensures billing issues are resolved and all project closeout actions are completed.
This position is Full-Time, Non-Exempt, and reports to Construction Administration Manager.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent.
- 5-7 years of hands-on construction installation experience in one of the following trades: Mechanical Foreman, Electrical Foreman, Plumbing Foreman, HVAC Controls Foreman, or Structural Foreman.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and willing to tackle various ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-versed in the industry and the Company's competitors.
- Excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to perform duties outside of the scope of work when necessary.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- S in Construction Management or related degree.
- Licensed in one of the following trades: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC Controls, or Journeyman Electrician.
- Frequent travel to Company or client locations. Approximately 25% of time will be spent traveling.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, and stoop.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that diverse candidates are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Bernhard, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participate in the e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of the Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information to [email protected].