Construction & Agricultural Sales Representative
Fairchild Equipment, Inc.
Stevens Point, WI
We know that in order for us to provide a dynamic and comprehensive customer experience, we need to have a team dedicated to industry experience, knowledge and customer service. We know our employees embrace our values and are driven to exceed expectations and we welcome the individual who shares those values. Come join our Fairchild Team!
Family Values – Healthy work/life balance promoting a winning and pleasant work environment. Follow the Golden Rule.
Safety Always – We are committed to safety at all times and in all places.
Customers for Life – Excellence in customer service. If we don’t deliver, let us know, and we WILL fix it!
Employer of Choice – Happy and productive employees who outwork the competition.
Active in our Communities – Outstanding citizens in the market we serve.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As our Construction and Agricultural Sales Representative, you will be responsible for relationship building with current, new and potential customers as well as responsible for helping achieve sales target in assigned sales territory. You will provide sales efforts for our multi-state company and at times asked to travel to our locations for business purposes. This is a full-time outside sales exempt position out of our office in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts; building rapport, providing technical information and explanations and preparing quotes.
- Build relationships with customers quickly and in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Listen to and engage every customer to obtain sufficient information to correctly determine or confirm their requests.
- Answer customer questions regarding products, prices, availability, product uses and rental policies.
- Fulfill requests promptly and accurately, in line with company procedures.
- Obtain customer information such as name, address and payment method; enter orders into database.
- Create quotations and maintain records of contacts, accounts and orders.
- Conduct training and demonstrations as needed.
- “Cold call” new and potential customers.
- Consult with clients after contract signings to resolve issues and provide ongoing support.
- Continually identify area of opportunity and develop strategies to improve revenue and overall profitability with sales territory.
- Maintain and up-to-date understanding of lines of products to facilitate sales efforts that affect targeted market.
- Knowledge of products to troubleshoot machine issues over the phone.
- Ensure showroom, equipment, displays, counters and signs are clean, well-stocked orderly and attractive.
- Aid in the schedule and dispatch of deliveries.
- Work with team members to ensure high quality work and the best possible customer experience.
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database; knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Construction and/or agricultural industry knowledge and experience is desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years of sales experience is required. Sales experiences within a dealership or rental company environment is preferred.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Full benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule.
- Possible remote work options.
- Casual office dress code.
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Paid Holidays.
- 401(k) retirement plan and Employer Match.
- Wellness Program that offers the opportunity to earn a medical insurance discount.
- Company Paid Short- Term and Long-Term Disability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Frequent physical activity of the position:
- Stooping- bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching- bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Crawling- moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching- extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Walking- moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing- using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in sustained motion.
- Lifting- raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally form position-to-position.
- Fingering- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole and or arm as in handling.
- Grasping- applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
- Talking- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Occasional Physical Activity of the position:
- Balancing- maintaining body equilibrium.
- Fingering- perceiving attributes of objects by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Climbing- ascending or descending
- The visual acuity requirements:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The conditions the worker will be submitted to in this position:
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is occasionally required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- The worker is subject to extreme cold: Temperatures typically below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- The worker may be subject to oils: there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
To take that next step in your career, and have an opportunity for additional growth, you will want to join our dynamic team. Fairchild Equipment, Inc. is recognized as the fastest growing company of its kind in the Midwest! Fairchild Equipment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply now!