KRM Construction is looking for a Construction Assistant to join their team in Chestertown, MD! This position requires some construction background or a person with the right drive and willingness to learn the trade. You will be working on various job sites throughout the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Delaware in all types of weather and must be able to stand most of the shift as well as be able to use and pick up a variety of hand and power tools and construction materials. Must be able to follow directions and have attention to detail. Experience preferred but not necessary. High school diploma required.
- Knowledge of how to operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, etc. preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of how to clean and prepare job sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding preferred but not required.
- Assist craft workers with residential and commercial framing
- Willingness to learn the construction trade
- Basic carpentry tasks
- Basic math skills
- Use measuring tools
- Clean debris, rubble and other waste materials
- Be able to work outside in all types of weather
- Be able to lift up to 70 pounds