Construction Assistant Project Manager
Colonial Chemical Solutions, Inc.
Build Your Career, Impact Your Community, Join Our Colonial Family!
Join one of the largest terminals in the Southeast and become a member of our Family of Companies, a Century of Service! The global supply chain affects everyone, help keep the world moving by making a direct impact on a fulfilling industry.
The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Project Manager in responsibility for projects involving industrial and heavy commercial construction of new assets along with modification and refurbishment of existing assets for Colonial Group subsidiaries such as Colonial Terminals.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Project Manager position will be independently driven with a strong work ethic, desire to achieve and take ownership of projects and task assigned to him or her. The position will require both an eye for detail to effectively scope, estimate, plan and schedule upcoming construction projects while managing day to day field coordination, quality control and schedule for the work in progress. The Assistant Project Manager must have the ability to identify critical information within each project and effectively communicate with all parties involved.
- Help define project scope, budget, and schedule
- Help provide detailed estimates to management
- Assist in planning and implementation of the project based on established estimate scopes, budget, and schedule.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating the project team including internal labor assignments, required subcontractors and operating department representatives throughout the duration of the project.
- Help organize and conduct project progress meetings and meeting minutes.
- Help prepare contractor bid packages for solicitation of competitive bid pricing for subcontractors and general contractors
- Help facilitate procurement of materials and equipment and ensure proper adherence to specifications.
- Assist in careful review and approval of proposals, and technical drawings / specifications.
- Prepare clear and concise bid comparisons for management’s review and approval.
- Coordinate contractor mobilization, and material / equipment deliveries
- Conduct and document routine field inspections of contractor safety, quality, and progress
- Review, process and approve contractor invoices and progress billing
- Prepare clear, concise progress reports and updated schedules for presentation to management based on field inspections of work progress and contractor communication
- Maintain a thorough and organized project file throughout the duration of the project.
- Various other assigned activities, especially as it relates to work in the field and administrative work in the office.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field is required
- 3 years management experience in industrial or heavy commercial construction is required.
- Must meet criteria for and obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Experience with liquid handling systems and HAZMAT materials is a plus but not required.
- Overall proficiency with computers and software (Microsoft Office, Excel, Project and Word) is required.
- Proficiency and working experience with AutoCAD is required
- Ability to help manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to and be knowledgeable of Industrial Safety, as it relates to construction activities.
- Possess a positive and professional attitude while working in a high stress environment.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be capable of routinely climbing several flights of stairs and occasionally working from heights.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations. Apply Now