ND Paper, a leading paper product manufacturer in the US with approx. $1 billion annual sales, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, with $10 billion annual sales. We are an environmentally friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron, Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. Our fourth mill in Old Town, Maine produces softwood kraft pulp. We are proud of our 1400 dedicated employees, who together produce more than 1.2 million short tons of pulp & paper annually.
The Construction Auditor's role is to give ND assurance that the contractor has complied with all aspects of the construction project contract. The Construction Auditor will be responsible for confirming that the contractor’s invoices were submitted in a manner that complies with the terms of the contract. During the course of the work, the Construction Auditor will become familiar with the contract, and the policies, procedures and documents used to manage the project. The Construction Auditor will perform tests of the project's records and, if anomalies are discovered, the Construction Auditor will be responsible for investigating that difference. If a dispute between the contractor and ND arises over contract payments during the project, the construction auditor may assist in dispute resolution.
- Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work
- Develop/plan and execute the construction audit to monitor and ensure proper controls are in place at the work site.
- Regularly visit the construction site and become familiar with on-site personnel to facilitate the work performed, and to identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvement.
- Demonstrate skill in interpreting construction contracts.
- Interview project participants to understand how things were done and identify areas of billing risk.
- Demonstrate ability to quantify overbillings and billing errors, including those related to material quality.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to investigate construction claims beyond contract billing compliance, such as evaluation of damage claims based on delay, acceleration, disruption, changes in conditions, changes in scope, or consequential damages.
- Display deep knowledge of normal industry practices and specific knowledge regarding the project's contract, policies, procedures, and documents.
- Review and timely propose controls to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Attend update meetings to monitor the overall project status.
- Support management requests to the successful conclusion of the project.
- Presenting audit findings to management.
- Coordinate with on-site ND construction personnel to maintain up-to-date documentation.
- Display self-motivation and the desire to pursue any challenge while investigating and auditing the project.
- Display the ability to work independently with professional skepticism to safeguard ND resources.
Attributes for Success
- Hard work – tackle each task with determination, passion and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to successfully complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence – strive to consistently exceed expectations in our day-to-day work and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with upmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency – drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
- Adaptability – be fluid with ND Paper’s continuous evolution while driving change in a fast-paced environment, equipped with the ability to acclimate quickly.
- Servant Leadership – set an example by implementing meaningful leadership with heart, empathy, foresight and stewardship.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Previous construction audit experience highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts as appropriate to key stakeholders/clients
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively and direct various teams simultaneously
- Ability to travel within the United States – up to 50% travel depending on location and project load
No unsolicited resumes - ND Paper does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume you submit to us will immediately become the property of ND Paper. If you would like to become a recruiter for ND Paper, please contact us and we will agree in writing to terms and the specific job roles for which you are authorized to recruit.