Construction Civil Project Manager
D.L. George & Sons Manufacturing, Inc.
D. L. George and Sons Construction is searching for Civil Project Managers for its Construction division whose personality will compliment its unique corporate culture and whose construction and project management skills will add to the strength of its organization. This corporation is a prestigious multi-state excavating and building contractor with an established name in the business community, a 50+ year history, and a well earned reputation as a company built upon supreme service to its customers.
Do you have a passion for the challenges of completing a complex construction project? Are you detail oriented and proactive? Are you considered to be a leader? Are you a planner? If so….
The company is located in Waynesboro, PA. This corporation has built a well earned reputation as a great place to work with minimal team turnover, high job satisfaction, and excellent compensation for the area. You will appreciate the progressive “open” working environment which recognizes that satisfied employees do strive to keep customers satisfied.
As a Civil Project Manager, you will…
- Focus on job planning and cost containment to maximize the benefit of the Company’s resources during the execution of contracts.
- Deliver profitability objectives as you make resource allocation decisions.
- Supervise the start-up of all assigned jobs, obtain permits, write and issue subcontractor agreements, procure materials and equipment, etc. to meet the needs of contract obligations and profitability goals.
- Provide direct on-going support throughout job duration and assists the Superintendent with change orders, schedule updates, costs to date, estimated costs to complete, etc. on an as needed basis. Develop specific strategies with job Superintendent to maintain budgetary requirements and organizational objectives. Concentrate efforts in those areas that will positively impact the job level gross margin.
- Coordinate the delivery of required equipment with Construction Manager. Ensure the proper operation, maintenance, and security of all equipment on the job sites.
- Maintain operational lines of communication to facilitate efficiency while enhancing the spirit of teamwork throughout the corporation’s different departments and divisions.
Civil Project Manager Requirements:
Successful candidate will have 10+ years of documented successful career growth in the commercial construction and excavating industry (including underground utilities), preferably with a small to mid-size contractor, and with at least 5 years of documented superintendent and/or project management experience and a strong understanding of how to maximize field production with the least overall costs.
Must possess strong verbal, administrative, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Should have working knowledge of personal computers and be experienced with Microsoft Word & Excel. Must be self-motivated and is expected to maintain a professional working atmosphere and be able to set and achieve project goals with a minimum of supervision.
Civil Project Manager Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance and 401K Plan participation eligibility is the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance is paid for 100% by the company; dependent coverage is offered at a group rate on a pre-tax basis.
- 401K Plan with company match
- Company bonus program
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Holidays
- Company paid Vacation time based on length of service
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience
- Company vehicle provided
We are a family owned company with our owners actively involved with the day to day operations, you will be more than just a number.
Submit resume through Indeed, apply online at www.dl-george.com, stop by and complete an application or mail resume to:
D.L. George & Sons
Attn: Human Resources
20 East 6th Street
Waynesboro, PA 17268
D.L. George & Sons is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.