At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures. We’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their advanced manufacturing facilities that are changing our world.
As an emerging Construction Coordinator, you’ll join our collaborative team, providing our clients with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural design, construction management, and design-build project delivery. We are looking for a passionate Construction Professional in Hillsboro, OR., who is driven by collaboration, exceeding expectations, and challenging the status quo.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can impact the future – big and small, global and local.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams as we work to build a company like no other.
- Single point of contact for the construction team, leadership resource for newer staff
- Planning and allocating of team management resources to meet changing and evolving project needs
- Analytical design review and critique, incorporating observations of field realities, past learnings
- Interaction with the clients project manager to ensure performance against schedule
- Resource leveling - Assessing critical priority projects to reallocate limited resources to
- Read/Interpret engineering drawings
- Implementation of schedule/scope/budget
- Field tracking of trade contractor and facilities progress against schedule
- Interaction with all stakeholders to remove obstacles to progress against plan
- Planning and supervision of arranged factory downtimes and interruptions to production to enable invasive construction activities in operating factories
- Field supervision of trades and other stakeholders to ensure safety on project - safe work behaviors, adherence to site and industry safety policies
- Management of installation, conversion and demolition of multiple production machinery in order to re-tool factories for production upgrades
- Planning of capital equipment moves and deliveries with rigging trades
- Attend team planning and collaboration meetings, to ensure critical tasks and handovers are accounted for and completed
- 6 years in semiconductor or high-tech related construction experience or
- A 4-year Professional degree in construction management/engineering and 4 years in semiconductor or high tech-related construction experience. or
- 2-year technical degree and 6 years in
- semiconductor or high-tech-related construction experience.