Construction Crew Foreman (Petroleum Industry)
Spatco Energy Solutions
SPATCO Energy Solutions is proud to be a service provider in our industry for over 80 years. As an industry leader in providing energy solutions from service to construction (install) we are dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service while remaining dedicated to operating safely.
We provide a complete line of equipment and services for storing, pumping, mixing and measuring petroleum and industrial liquids. Our customers come from a variety of industries including retail fueling stations, commercial and government fleets.
The services we provide to our customers and the community is essential and we are growing! SPATCO currently operates 15 installation branches throughout the Southeast. Our goal is to provide top notch customer service for construction of underground storage tank systems.
Our focus at SPATCO is to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety, customer service and training. Some of our core positions are trained in-house. Employees with little to no experience in the industry are trained and promoted from within; allowing them to move into more senior positions and management. Our employees are customer focused, acting with integrity in all aspects of their jobs. They are motivated and see the value in what they do and are committed to providing exceptional service to our customers.
This position does not work a typical 8-5 shift, hours may vary based on workload and customer need. You will be required to travel out of town for this opening.
• Coordinate job duties and delegate tasks to construction workers and sub-contractors as the crew leader is managing and working on the job. Be a leader.
• Monitor and maintain schedules for workers and sub-contractors; make sure the best skills are applied by each worker and ensure product installation requirements are followed accurately and efficiently.
• Ensure all safe work practices are followed at all times. Ensure safe housekeeping practices are followed at all times.
• Brief crew members on daily tasks and direct workers on assigned tasks. Track rental equipment, material needs and use, monitor labor and sub-contractor costs to maintain project budgets. Verify accuracy and compliance of tasks in progress to comply with codes, project specifications and manufacturer requirements.
• Document daily activities, material/parts used, testing, inspections and visitors. Create and maintain positive working relationships with crew members, vendors, suppliers, and sub-contractors to maintain a timely flow of supplies, materials and sub-contractor work.
• Ability to travel to job sites (will require overnight travel for a lot of jobs).
• Must be able to operate heavy equipment to dig ditches and manually install equipment.
• Work with concrete, framing, pouring, mixing, and finishing.
• Maintain positive working relationships with crew members, vendors, suppliers, and contractors to ensure deadlines are met.
RequirementsExperience, Competencies and Education
• High school diploma or GED.
• Field Construction experience running a crew and working with sub-contractors.
• 40hr OSHA training is a plus.
• Installer certifications in the product line is a plus.
• Equipment operation experience with operating Skid-Steer loaders, Min-x excavators, and Rubber tire backhoes.
• Strong work ethic.
• Reliable employee.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Ability to lift 75 –100 lbs.
• Ability to work outside during all types of weather.
• Ability to work with others to ensure deadlines are met.
The Petroleum Construction Crew - Leader person will be tasked to lead, manage and coordinate the construction and installation of equipment, meter stations, O&M projects, and capital projects in accordance with Company policies/procedures and required regulations. Other responsibilities include preparation of construction estimates and job plans, AFEs, and compiling and filing of all required construction documentation. Daily interaction and communication with customers, vendors, contractors, surveyors, nondestructive testing personnel, and field operations personnel is required. Interaction and communication with service companies, regulatory agencies, and the public will also occur.