Construction Crew Member
Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.Clear Channel Outdoor
Job Summary:Job Summary:
The Construction Crew Member’s primary responsibility for this job is to perform tasks involving physical labor, welding/cutting of metal and operation of vehicles/equipment as it pertains to construction projects associated with advertising structures.
- Responsible for constructing, installing, maintain, upgrading and removing outdoor advertising structures under the direction of crew chief.
- Safe operation and maintenance of trucks, metal cutting/ welding equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Responsible for completing paperwork related to the implementation and completion of a job (e.g., timecards, work orders, safety-compliance, and vehicle and equipment inspections) as required.
- Assist crew chief and members with all site issues and tasks.
- Ability to work independently or within a crew with minimal supervision.
- Maintain inventory of tools, supplies and materials necessary to complete related tasks for each job.
- Repair and maintain inventory of welding and cutting supplies and equipment.
- Ensure proper fit and assembly of all sign structure components.
- Responsible for priming and painting all welded material.
- Instruct others on work processes, safety, and best work practices.
- Maintain a clean work area, tools, and equipment always.
- Install, remove, and rotate outdoor advertising displays and extensions consisting of vinyl, wood, or other material.
- May need to assist with set up and break down of rented equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safe workplace practices, laws, and regulations
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
Experience - Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Work experience as it relates to the construction field.
Education and Certifications – Preferred/As Required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience related to each certification.
- Certified Rigger
- NCCCO Crane Operator Certification
- OSHA 10- or 30-hour Certification
- Valid welding certificate with a capacity of unlimited thickness of material issued by an accredited testing facility utilizing Structural Welding Code D1.1 for the SMAW or FCAW welding processes in the vertical and overhead positions.
- Certified and proficient in all aspects of fit and welding of structural steel (see job qualification section for specific requirements)
- Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or B
- Comprehend and communicate verbal and written instructions.
- Effectively work in a team environment
- Able to read and comprehend blueprints and welding symbols.
- Capable of comprehending and performing tasks associated with engineered drawings.
- Ability to identify, comprehend and implement procedures associated with welding symbols.
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
- Communicating Effectively – Ability to read and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably.
- Keeping on Point ¬– Can quickly separate and prioritize tasks within a project; quickly senses what the next most useful thing to work on is.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Initiative - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Climbing ladders and/or stairs and work at elevations from 10 feet to more than 100 feet
- Lifting and positioning ladders, safety equipment and materials more than 85 pounds
- Standing, bending, stooping, lifting, positioning, holding, pushing, and pulling self, materials, and equipment in excess of 85 pounds
- Use pulleys, lifts, slings, and other equipment required for elevated work
- Operating welding equipment, chain saws, jack hammers, air impacts and various other equipment hand tools
- Hoists, aligns, erect, lift, sets and assembles structural steel and sign components
- Digging and shoveling of various soils concrete and fill materials
- In and out of state travel and overtime is required.
Compensation: Pay rate $25.00 - $32.00 per hour. Commensurate with education and certification requirements.
LocationArlington, TX: 3700 E Randol Mill Road, 76011
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.ID:uDnQdo