Construction Design Lead
Revere Control Systems, Inc.
This position is responsible for developing construction design solutions based on a project scope, project specifications, and applicable field information. As Construction Design Lead, you will coordinate with customers, project team members, and key stakeholders to prepare a plan for efficiently and effectively developing a complete installation package to be used for the fabrication, assembly, and installation of a construction project. You will then implement that plan using CAD software and other available design tools to develop all required design deliverables. Design work will support design-build projects, where Revere is the installer, and consulting-engineering projects, where there will be a third-party installer.
The Construction Design Lead will help develop construction design standards including drawing borders, standard drawing templates, installation details, installation specifications, and other items in support of the Construction Design Department. You will provide expertise and guidance related to new technologies and design tools to ensure Revere is always utilizing the best tools available for our work. You will support Project Managers, Business Developers, Engineering Group Managers, and other Revere personnel in the pursuit of new opportunities through the development of design estimates and proposals. You will also help determine construction quantities for design-build project estimates. You will provide responsibility and ownership for project design performance related to quality, schedule, and budget requirements. You will provide technical guidance and mentoring for others with a thorough knowledge of industry standards and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate with construction department to support Revere construction and design-build jobs.
· Help develop construction quantities for design-build project estimates.
· Develop procedures, policies, specifications, and templates to be used in support of construction engineering jobs.
· Develop design documents and project deliverables based on project specifications and division/industry standards and best practices.
· Manage multiple projects following company procedures and guidelines.
· Coordination of projects to meet expected deliverables for quality, schedule, and budget.
· Direct and supervise others in a mentoring role.
· Delegate work to designers and engineering team members and provide follow up support to ensure design work is delivered on time, within budget and to Revere’s quality standard.
· Perform as a technical resource for others providing insight and guidance to solving problems.
· Direct activities to ensure that construction design personnel utilize industry standards and best practices.
· Notify Project Managers, Group Managers, Director of Construction etc. of schedule and budget goals, forecasting, possible delays issues, and other work status updates.
· Recognize and communicate to project team scope and design changes promptly.
· Participate in/lead cross-discipline design checks to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
· Check calculations performed by other designers to ensure accuracy, conformance to applicable codes, specifications, design criteria and conformance to good engineering practices.
· Request quotes from vendors and verify quoted equipment meets specification requirements.
· Provide customers with technical support via phone, remote access, and onsite service.
· Attend training and continuing education related to industry.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Must have completed at least ten (10) years of educational and/or work experience in development of construction design documents and deliverables in a design-build or consultant engineering capacity.
· Knowledge and understanding of workflow/information flow between design disciplines and/or supplier’s engineering packages.
· Exhibit project management skills to meet quality, schedule, and budget requirements.
· Basic computer software skills using Microsoft Office Suite, E-Mail, Internet, AutoCAD.
· Experience with electrical schematics, plans, schedules, etc. required.
· Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn technical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact with customers, vendors, company employees and subcontractors.
· Demonstrate leadership skills for mentoring, training, and development of team members.
· Technical Expertise
· Effective Supervision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some fieldwork is required which may require overnight travel.
· Occasionally work is done in the field, which could be in a construction area and which could require the use of earplugs, hardhat, steel toe boots, and safety glasses. The work environment could be outdoors, hot, or cold, noisy and/or dirty.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Working safely is a condition of employment.
· Ability to see and read printed materials.
· Ability to speak and comprehend verbal communication.
· Ability to operate a computer.
· Ability to travel.
· Minimal lifting.
· Moderate standing and walking.
· Ability to reason logically and make sound decisions, to consider alternative and diverse perspectives, to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to remain poised under all circumstances, and to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust.
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations.
· Ability to simultaneously address multiple complex problems.
· Ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
· Ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines, or productivity quotas.
· Travel to customer sites is required.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, longer hours, evenings and weekend work may be required.