Construction Design Manager- Water
We are seeking an experienced and collaborative Construction Design Manager to support our water infrastructure projects executed out of the Gainesville Water Solution Center. Our Solution Center delivers projects and provides technical expertise for the entire US South region. The Construction Design Manager will lead the scoping, planning, and delivery of our projects including the quality and financial performance of the design team. Hybrid/Remote work schedule: Combination of in office support and remote working from home supporting the Gainesville office.
As a Construction Design Manager, you will be able to leverage your people management skills to optimize your team’s performance and consistently deliver high-quality technical solutions for our clients. Bring your project management experience, ability to multi-task in a fast paced design environment and technical expertise and we’ll provide you with exciting and challenging opportunities to help you grow professionally over the remainder of your career.
- Lead and manage teams through all phases of design planning, execution, and closeout consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other speciried requirements stated in the contract.
- Be accountable for successfully completing projects to the satisfaction of the project manager, clients, and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that Jacobs’ business and policy expectations are met in the areas of health an safety, quality, financial, project delivery, and risk management.
- Contribute to the development of a Florida Water Market Strategy that delivers leading-edge technology solutions for our clients.
- Demonstrate leadership by example with integrity and candor and in support of Jacobs Culture of Caring work environment
- BS or MS Degree in Engineering or other engineering discipline with a focus on water/wastewater systems
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience, with at least 3 years managing multidiscipline design teams
- Hybrid / Remote work schedule
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
- PE License or ability to obtain
- Experience with Design-Build and/or EPC projects.
- International project experience.
- Resident Engineer or field start-up services experience
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.