Requisition ID: 27923
Reflected in our name, AM/NS Calvert is a joint venture between ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, two of the world’s leading steelmakers. We use the most innovative technology to create the steels tomorrow’s world will be made of. As part of ArcelorMittal, every day over 190,000 of our talented people, located in over 60 countries, push the boundaries of digitalization and use advanced technology to create a world that is stronger, faster and smarter. Our strength comes from having a rich tapestry of high-performance, multi-cultural teams, each of them working together effectively to achieve the same organizational goals. AM/NS Calvert promotes an innovative, diverse team experience, while supporting our team members in advancing their careers.
Located in Calvert, 35 miles north of Mobile, Alabama, our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades in the North America market. We are constantly striving to work safer and smarter, and to make our products stronger, lighter and more sustainable so we can meet the ever-changing needs of our customers, our communities and the wider world.
AM/NS Calvert is expanding its existing portfolio with the addition of a brand new, cutting edge Steelmaking facility in Calvert, AL. The addition of this facility to our site creates a unique competitive advantage, providing team members with endless opportunities to use the latest technology, develop innovative solutions, and drive digitalization across everything we do We invite you to apply to join this Steelmaking start-up and become a part of forging the future of steel in Alabama for generations to come.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The ideal candidate will manage assigned Capital Projects within AM/NS Calvert's facility in collaboration with stakeholders, governing individual portfolios to achieve completion according to planned expectations. The Construction Engineer will also coordinate with third party companies to support project implementation in compliance with company rules to meet the business goals of AM/NS Calvert.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil / Structural Engineering; Or combination of education and experience
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a construction / industrial environment supporting engineering and project management through approval, execution, and delivery
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of experience managing and coordinating contractors to ensure timely completion of jobs
- Experience with project and process documentation such as financial, scheduling, and reporting
- Certified Project Management Professional preferred
- Current Alabama Contractor License preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project software
- Familiarity with SharePoint database
- SAP experience preferred
TRAITS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Makes sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Provides direction, delegation, and removes obstacles to get work done
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Competent with project management concepts such as earned value, schedules, budgets and variance
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Manage capital projects from inception to completion following the project management workflow
- Responsible and accountable to develop project budget and schedule
- Develop technical documents, such as scopes of work, equipment specifications, etc.
- Provide regular updates to internal customers
- Ensure project success through commissioning and manufacturing integration
- Ensure the receival of as-built drawings, operating, and maintenance manuals
- Manage multiple contractors and contracts
- Ensure project and contractor safety compliance
- Support reporting of projects to management
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Office and Industrial setting
- Gulf coast region in Calvert, AL
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
BENEFITS TO MAKE YOUR WORLD BETTER
AM/NS Calvert focuses on hiring the best candidates, so we strive to provide the best benefits and perks to make your world easier.
Health & Wellness - You can choose between a high deductible health insurance plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA) or a traditional PPO plan with a Flex Spending Account (FSA) option. We provide excellent dental and vision coverage and an employee assistance program (EAP). We also have a 24-hour on-site gym available.
Financial Protection - We provide life insurance, short- and long-term disability plans, AD&D insurance, and 401k with an employer match of 6%.
Compensation - We offers competitive pay with quarterly bonuses as well as a comprehensive relocation package.
Workplace Flexibility - Paid vacation, starting at 13 days per year, increasing with tenure. Additionally, we provide 10 paid holidays, bereavement leave, and parental leave. AM/NS Calvert believes in a positive work-life balance and offers hybrid (office / remote) work opportunities, flexible work hours, and alternative schedules, depending on the position.
Career & Personal Development – We offer a tuition reimbursement program and provide in-house training on professional topics, technical skills, and leadership competencies.
Culture – Our culture is built on a foundation of its core values, which include safety, teamwork, accountability, relationships, and sustainability. We emphasize collaboration and recognize every individual's unique contribution, encouraging a diverse and inclusive workforce where all team members can grow and develop.
Way of Life – On-site 24/7 convenience mini markets are located throughout the site. AM/NS Calvert has a strong commitment to community involvement. Team members can contribute and get involved in giving back to their communities.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-289-3000 or email [email protected] to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.