Field Location, PA
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of field engineering assignments by applying standard engineering techniques and analyses. This is the first exempt-level position where the Construction Engineer exercises discretion and independent judgment on a regularly basis and demonstrates an increasing proficiency in utilizing his/her engineering knowledge to complete assignments. This Construction Engineer at this level has prior field experience and is expected to complete assignments with increasing proficiency. May give functional guidance to craft and/or lower-level technical personnel. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
- Performs well-defined field engineering assignments primarily involving constructability reviews and the observation of work in progress. Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards. Assists construction personnel with general technical details.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline; coordinates application of solutions.
- Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff.
- Monitors discipline construction schedules and assists in progress appraisal. Provides schedule and progress appraisal data to the Area Engineer or Construction Manager.
- Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
- Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Maintains a daily log for permanent record of project construction, as well as discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
- Maintains construction technical catalogs, supplier data, and other literature pertaining to the project.
- May assist field superintendents and construction management in portions of larger, more complex activities as directed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or construction-related field, or equivalent construction-related work experience, as well as 3+ years of experience in field construction is required.
- Requires a working knowledge of engineering and construction-related processes, as well as some familiarity with industry practices. Also requires good written and oral communication skills, and a familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction.
- Must be able to pass customer background check
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!