Construction Engineering Co-op / Intern – Summer 2023
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Construction Engineer to grow with our team.
You will assist the project team in providing construction engineering and inspection services on highway, roadway, and bridge projects in the Milwaukee and southeast Wisconsin area. As part of our project team, daily activities may include documenting construction progress and quantities completed, assisting with documentation and record keeping, reviewing contract plans, and specifications, and construction material testing including portland cement concrete. In this role you'll be part of a project team, surrounded by expert mentorship and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful.
We’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- Internship experience working on roadway, highway, bridge or other infrastructure construction projects
- Good organizational skills and both written and verbal communication skills
- General understanding of how to read construction plans, specifications and estimates
- Ability to get to and work on active construction sites
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Experience on WisDOT construction projects
- Working knowledge of MicroStation, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam