Construction Engineer/Specialist, Senior
Fort Worth, TX
Are you passionate about construction? Does the possibility of working on some of the world’s most iconic projects interest you? If so, Parsons has an opportunity for you! As a Senior Construction Engineer/Specialist, you’ll be joining a team that prides itself on a well earned reputation as one of the world’s best.
In this role you will participate in the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of field engineering assignments including development of plans, schedules, contracts, procedures, and construction methods and systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing the performance of subcontractors to assure contract compliance, the application of accepted construction technology and standards, and the acceptable standardization of materials and supplies. May provide technical guidance to less experienced field engineering personnel.
- Performs various office engineering assignments involving the monitoring and technical evaluation of work in progress on a field construction site.
- Reviews and interprets design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and feasibility to perform technical execution of work.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems and coordinates application of solutions.
- Provides technical guidance to site personnel regarding installations.
- Ensures that all work within his/her assigned scope of responsibility is installed in accordance with plans, specifications, and industry and quality standards. This includes ensuring that all tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures by onsite T4 personnel.
- Collaborates with risk specialists to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Confirms onsite T4 Resident Engineer (field superintendent) maintains a daily log for permanent record of project construction, as well as discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
- Maintains construction technical catalogs, supplier data, and other literature pertaining to the project.
- May assist field resident engineers and work release project managers in portions of larger more-complex activities as directed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Coordinates project document and records management services for all aspects of a project from start-up to closeout. Ensures that document control system is administered and maintained in accordance with Parsons and client procedures. Documentation to include submittal tracking, RFI tracking, constructability review of design drawings, purchase requisition creation, posting & labeling site photos, and other document control tasks as needed.
4-year degree in engineering or construction-related field, or equivalent construction-related work experience, as well as 5 to 8 years of experience in field construction is required.
Requires a working knowledge of engineering and construction-related processes, as well as some familiarity with industry practices. Also requires good written and oral communication skills. In addition, familiarity with CAD software packages, SharePoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Project.
Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
Must be able to pass government background check.
Previous experience working on airports preferred.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!