Construction Field Coordinator
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Buildings Field Coordinator to join our team! Parsons Inc. / Colas Canada is adding a Field Coordinator specializing in buildings to support the delivery of the Edmonton Valley Line West LRT Project. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with industrial buildings concrete foundations, and civil site works. Experience with bridge structure and retaining walls would be an asset. This individual must be able to work under general directions and independently determine and develop solutions with good time and project management skills. Willingness to relocate to project site location is required.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ensure adherence to Project Safety policies.
- Review and understand project schedule.
- Proactively manage compliance with project schedule, budget and procedures
- Oversees and facilitates the installation of equipment and components for a project to ensure contractors are fulfilling all obligations and that work is carried out according to approved contracts, specifications, and schedules.
- Serves as a liaison with project management reporting on inspections, subcontracting, progress, and delays.
- Participates in project meetings and facilitates regularly-scheduled meetings related to BIM execution and deliverables for the project.
- Support integration of project data such as but not limited to schedule, estimate, documentation, cost reports and performance data etc.
- Interpret designs and drawings for technicians
- Track RFIs, Shop Drawings, As-built drawings and other project documents.
- Proactively identifies and works to resolve any site issues that may impede the project delivery.
- Provides technical knowledge and input to assist installing contractors.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or construction-related field, or equivalent construction-related work experience is required. In addition, 2+ years of experience in field construction is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic engineering and building construction concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in relevant infrastructure BIM applications. Experience with 3D, 4D models. Strong communication skills and ability to identify and resolve complex issues
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!