Construction Field Manager
CCI Systems, Inc.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned solution provider specializing in telecommunications, comprehensive network assessments, industry-leading engineering, drafting and design services, and 24/7 support services. Come join our team of experts that will guide our customers toward the right choices to future-proof their network for years to come. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Construction Field Manager who is skilled in both project and people management. This role provides project oversight for telecommunication, fiber optic, and coax construction projects. Individual works to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule throughout the project life cycle.
- Act as Point of contact to manage the deployment, execution, and closeout of a variety of fiber optic projects to include HFC, fiber to the building (FTTB), fiber to the home (FTTH), backhaul, backbone.
- Work with contractors for execution of projects within residential, rural, and metropolitan areas including in-house crews and sub-contractors.
- Manage project budget, scope definition, and project life cycle with profit and loss responsibilities.
- Establish, manage, and track project milestones and timelines and report to construction team lead. Track, review, and approve in-house and sub-contractor daily production reports, create, and manage progressive project documentation. Manage and track material utilization.
- Manage relationships to coordinate with customers, city officials, jurisdictional authorities, utility representatives, and contractors.
- Must perform on-site surveys and coordinate field meetings to ensure projects meet the delivery/commitment dates identified.
- Assist in creating scope of work for relocations necessary due to road projects. Ability to locate and Identify depths / run lines of existing cables.
- Assist in creating estimates of proposed cost for future construction projects and provide information to team lead.
- Work with team to obtain all permits necessary to complete project.
- Work with team and warehouse to fulfill project material needs.
- Review, approve, dispute, resolve, and submit invoices for payment.
- Respond to emergency underground or aerial damages; as first on-site, must be able to investigate, document and communicate critical incident information, may be required to deliver repair materials outside regular work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of 2-5 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant construction, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
- Experience preferred with OSP management, including quoting, construction, and delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of public right of way and OSP Fiber Optic Plant deployments to include maintenance of traffic (MOT). Knowledge of inside plant (ISP) operations a plus.
- Analytical ability using general mathematical skills, percentages, and fractions.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and Google Earth.
- Superior ability to engage and present information to management, colleagues, and public groups.
- Well-organized with an ability to work in a high-pressure environment producing accurate work under close deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without supervision.
- Ability to make decisions to avoid additional costs and delays.
- Ability to take initiative and handle various tasks simultaneously while working efficiently, effectively, and independently under minimal supervision.
- Be able to communicate internally and externally the technical aspects of the project in a clear and concise way.
Shift is full-time, Monday – Friday within the hours of 7:00 am – 5:00 pm CST but must be willing to work outside of normal business hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. Ability to drive a DOT vehicle a plus. CDL will be given additional consideration.
- Approximately 75% travel will be required nationwide.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 75+ pounds.