Construction Field Superintendent
Telling Industries, LLC
Cleveland Construction is seeking a dependable, hard-working construction Field Superintendent to join our commercial construction team! It's the kind of place that people look to find a job and wind up finding a career. Employees of Cleveland say they feel like family from day one, surrounded by a true team of pros that have each other's backs. And that's just the beginning to the benefits that make us a great place to work.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Orientating all new workers to the job site on CCI's project specific safety requirements, orientations, etc.
- Enforcement of daily worker compliance company policies
- Perform random audits of subcontractors to confirm that work is in conformance with project plans and specifications
- Tracking, managing, and documenting all work activities, manpower, deliveries, inspections, etc. via daily reports, daily photographs, progress plans, manpower reports, wall of information, etc.
- Document control and maintenance of all company required forms, reports, policies, and weekly safety checklist
- Daily monitoring of the project schedule and assist the project team in schedule update responses
- Coordination with other trades for upcoming schedule activities
- Accompanying building inspectors, building officials, architects, engineers, vendors, etc. on inspections and site visits for our work
- Conduct daily safety talks, toolbox talks, and perform the weekly site safety inspection
- Assisting CCI's field management staff in completing other tasks as directed
- General knowledge on how to read/interpret construction drawings, specifications, reports, submittals, etc.
- Anything else as needed
- Pass E-Verify
- Pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen
- Reliable means of transportation to and from the project
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work well with others in a team environment
PERSONAL / PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Represent the company and yourself with a positive professional attitude always
- Must be able to work in harmony with all parties involved in the project
- Actively promote the company's growth and develop program to aide in the mutual benefit of the company's success and the employee's long-term career with the company
- Mentor assistant superintendents to aide in their development into becoming future superintendents
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate with the project team, project owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to achieve positive results
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Able to work in all elements of the outdoor environment which include the heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Able to access all areas of the job site which include stairs, scaffolding, ladders, elevation changes, etc.
- Capable of working in physical positions that may include kneeling, sitting, standing, squatting, bending over, etc.
- Must be able to move, carry, or position items weighing up to 75 pounds
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate based on project location
COMPUTER / TECHNOLOGY
- Proficient on computers and computer programs, specifically Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in technology on iPad's
- Basic knowledge of uploading and managing web-based document storage
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School GED or Equivalent
- 3+ years of field management experience in the commercial construction industry
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage and direct on-site project teams to successful completions
Cleveland Construction, Inc. offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, training and development, opportunity for advancement and corporate support for field operations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Cleveland Construction, Inc. that we will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status, and we will ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER
We value the knowledge, skills and abilities you acquired in the military. Whether you are an active serve member transitioning or a military spouse, we want you to consider a rewarding career with Cleveland Construction, Inc. View the current of employment opportunities at Cleveland Construction.