Construction Field Technician
John R. Jurgensen Co.
Do you enjoy learning new things? Are you interested in working in a role that provides you some outdoor and indoor work?
The Quality Control division provides our employees with a consistent path to learn and progress. You will be able to work with new quality control equipment in our lab, and also work remote at plants and on construction projects.
Ideal candidates will have good math and technical skills, a valid driver’s license, and be willing to work extended hours and multiple shifts.
We will develop the right individuals with no experience. These positions come with a great benefits package.
Construction Field Technician-Quality Control Responsibilities:
- HMA QC Technician will be testing Hot Mix asphalt and aggregate properties.
- HMA Field Density Technician will be testing Hot Mix Asphalt on highway projects.
- Communicate continuously with paving foreman, milling foreman, project managers, quality control managers, and plant operators.
- Cut and test core samples from construction roadway / highway projects.
- Driving to production plants and job sites within Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
- Determine sample compliance per ODOT, KYTC, and INDOT specifications and the corporate quality control standards.
- Troubleshoot situations and provide recommendations to the Quality Control Manager.
- Manage, report, and create daily quality control reports.
- Operate and maintain testing equipment used within the quality control laboratories.
- Perform basic and advanced mathematical calculations.
Construction Field Technician-Quality Control Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Clean drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to adapt to different personalities and or management styles.
Construction Field Technician-Quality Control Working Conditions:
- Overtime, nights, and weekends could be required.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Working near and around roadway / highway construction projects.