Construction Foreman – $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Matthews Granite Company
Enjoy working outdoors? Want to travel around the United States? If so, Matthews Gibraltar, the leader in the memorialization industry is looking for candidates to join our construction crews to build historic mausoleums. Take your career to the next level, working for a 160 year old company with amazing people around the country. Positions include a benefits package effective day one, as well as a strong 401(k) and employee stock plan. Join the team and apply today!
The Construction Foreman plans, directs and oversees activities of employees engaged in construction, installation and repair of structures and fixtures. Ensures goal are accomplished and deadlines are met. Enforces strong focus on quality and safety standards. Rates start at $28 - $32/hr. based on experience.
****Position is 100% Travel****
***Reside in any place on the East Coast or Mid Atlantic.**
- Time Off: Position offers 13 days earned time off per fiscal year (starts accruing immediately) PLUS 10 paid holidays.
- Benefits Program: Full benefits starting the first day and include: medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution, short and long-term disability (after 90 days), life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, and employee stock plan with company match.
- Per Diem: Daily allowance for meals, as well as the full cost of hotel stays covered by Matthews and mileage paid for initial and return trips per each on-site project (further than 75 miles of your home).
- Studies blueprints to determine dimensions of structure.
- Selects materials and structural units, ensuring conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance.
- Determines sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Assigns workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework, installing doors, building stairs, and laying flooring.
- Ensures safety precautions are followed.
- Inspects work performed by subcontractors, including ductwork, wiring, and pipe installations, to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job responsibilities.
- 6+ years progressive construction experience.
- 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Routine travel either locally or nationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential function
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.