Hampton Roads, VA
Subsidiary: Branscome Companies Inc.
Branscome Inc., the Colas USA subsidiary that operates throughout the state of Virginia, is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. We take immense pride in building the things that you can see, but also those you can’t. Camaraderie in the field, with our clients, and out in the community is the spirit that drives our dedication and commitment to excellence. By joining our team, you will get participate in an industry-leading safety culture, receive extensive technical and career training, and, when ready, have access to advancement opportunities in your field. To learn more about Branscome Inc. visit www.branscome.com/.
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our infrastructure products and services through empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company’s value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family of Companies, please visit www.colasusa.com.
Branscome Inc., and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies, is part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our international network visit www.colas.com.
To ensure the overall success of any job or project assigned through efficient management of time, personnel and cost. Work with owner, engineers and subcontractors.
- Assign and supervise daily activities of construction personnel.
- Coordinate and schedule trucks and equipment to job site.
- Prepare and maintain required reports.
- Coordinate and schedule preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Check signs for traffic control.
- Conduct weekly tailgate safety meetings and enforce all safety policies and procedures.
- Prepare accident report, make preliminary assessment of damages, and arrange for necessary prepares.
- Interview, select, train, discipline and terminate employees as needed.
- Review, verify and submit timecards to payroll.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience in related position (road and site construction).
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in highway and road construction.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Basic record keeping procedures through electronic means.
- Knowledge of GPS machine controls.
- Must possess a valid driver's license (positive driving record) and reliable transportation to and from work.
Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries (Branscome Inc.) are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here to view the EEO document. If you need an accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colas Inc. 973-290-9082 or send an email to [email protected].