Construction General Laborer-TSMC
IES Holdings, LLC
Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
This project is located on the 303 freeway I-17 freeway (North Phoenix area) with a $500 SIGN ON BONUS (rules and restrictions apply)
The Communications Technician I must learn and possess the skills required to function as a contributing member of a technical team. Typically, the Technician I possess no experience to one (1) year of experience in the structured cabling industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Communications Technician I will install a work area outlet for floor (i.e. monument), modular furniture (i.e. surface mount box) and wall (i.e. box eliminator). Drop cable down a wall using fish tape or other method. Route cable through modular furniture. Perform pre-termination procedures: organize, form, dress cables and determine length, slack and label cables. Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook, D-rings, Bridal rings, Trapeze.
- The Communications Technician I will build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required.
- The Communications Technician I performsfire-stopping procedures on fire walls, install sleeves, and pull cable through sleeves and core penetration.
- The Communications Technician I will terminate low-voltage devices.
- The Communications Technician I will fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time(timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
- The Communications Technician I will adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
- The Communications Technician I will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The Communications Technician I must be able to work in an outdoor or indoor construction work environment.
- The Communications Technician I must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- The Communications Technician I must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- The Communications Technician I must possess proven problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- The Communications Technician I must have proven skill level or the ability to learn to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- The Communications Technician I must be able to work at heights, off a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- The Communications Technician I must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- The Communications Technician I must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Regular attendance is mandatory.
- Screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Minimum of zero (0) to one (1) year experience in telecommunicationsor related technical field.
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Basic construction industry knowledge preferred.
- Must possess and learn to effectively use the listed tools.
- Ability to meet Company minimum driving standards preferred.
- Communications Technician II
Minimum EducationHigh School
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2021 fiscal year ending September 30, 2021, IES produced over $1.53 billion in revenue and employed over 6,800 employees at over 99 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work