Construction Health & Safety Internship (Summer 2023) – Helena Sand & Gravel (Helena, MT)
Job ID: 467660
Helena Sand & Gravel, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Job Description Summary
Safety has long been a corporate focus at CRH; Americas Materials, supported and demonstrated by the president and all managers within the organization. This is a critical area of the company and must be constantly improved through new ideas and technology.
Our paid internship program provides a rich and rewarding hands-on learning experience and the opportunity to make a contribution to our organization. Our interns work in their course of study under close direction of an experienced supervisor/manager. Our Safety interns will work with management and field personnel to learn the occupational hazards of the construction industry. They will learn all aspects of our safety programs in order to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. When we SEE something, we will STOP and DO something.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Gain a general understanding of OSHA, MSHA, and DOT regulations
- Assist in developing innovative solutions to facilitate safe work practices
- Assist in identifying safety problem areas
- Performs data entry
- Analyze safety data and information
- Provide support to Safety Professionals in the Region
- Provide field support to Operation Personnel
- Travel to plant and job sites in the area to provide support and conduct safety inspections/ reviews
- Regular and timely attendance
- Participate and promote an inclusive environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a related field degree program
- Must be available to work approximately 40 hours per week
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Strong communication skills (Public Speaking)
- Self-motivated, ability to achieve desired results without constant supervision
- Excellent computer skills (Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Desire to help people by creating a safe working environment
- Industry related experience highly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic Occupational Safety and Health knowledge preferred
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Helena Sand & Gravel, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.