Construction Heavy Equipment Operator
Subsidiary: Branscome Companies Inc.
Branscome Inc., the Colas USA subsidiary that operates throughout the state of Virginia, is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. We take immense pride in building the things that you can see, but also those you can’t. Camaraderie in the field, with our clients, and out in the community is the spirit that drives our dedication and commitment to excellence. By joining our team, you will get participate in an industry-leading safety culture, receive extensive technical and career training, and, when ready, have access to advancement opportunities in your field. To learn more about Branscome Inc. visit www.branscome.com/.
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our infrastructure products and services through empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company’s value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family of Companies, please visit www.colasusa.com.
Branscome Inc., and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies, is part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our international network visit www.colas.com.
Operate hydraulic tracked or rubber tire excavator to excavate, load materials to complete all phases of grading work.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Must be familiar with operation and limitations of various sizes and types of excavators.
- Excavates and loads excavated materials onto trucks and stockpiles.
- Awareness of underground utilities and overhead wires.
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of machine, assures fueling, lubrication and servicing of excavator.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Two or more years experience.
- Overtime work is required including nights/weekends.
- Ability to operate an excavator to exact line and grade in varying ground conditions and depths.
- Understanding of OSHA trenching requirements.
- Experience operating other heavy equipment.
- Understanding of grades and lasers.
- GPS experience a plus.
Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries (Branscome Inc.) are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here to view the EEO document. If you need an accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colas Inc. 973-290-9082 or send an email to [email protected].