The Construction Helper performs many tasks that require physical labor on construction sites. The Helper mainly assists the construction craft worker or electrician. They may carry tools and materials or help set up equipment. They are able to perform a wide range of tasks varying in complexity from very easy to extremely difficult and hazardous.
- Be able to spot and direct the heavy equipment operators, track hoe and loaders, from the ground during excavation operations.
- Operate small equipment, such as a skid steer loader
- Cut and thread steel pipe and assist in the fitting and installation of underground and above-ground tanks.
- Assist the foreman with shooting grades, and documentation.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized job site per the foreman’s direction.
- Ensure all signs and safety barricades and devices are in place.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including the usage of proper personal protective equipment for the task being performed.
- Ensure all tools are accounted for, cleaned, and organized on the truck or job trailer.
- Keep the job inventory accurate.
- Travel to job sites (in-state) Mon-Fri. Per Diem compensation and travel expenses paid by company.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to bend, lift, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, carry, ability to lift 60 lbs independently, stand and walk for 90% of the workday
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to read a blueprint.
- Basic understanding of taking measurements, math, and mechanical skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
*JF Petroleum Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.