Construction Inspector (Binghamton, NY)
At Jacobs, quality control is crucial to the success of our projects and the strong relationships we have with our clients. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry’s #1 ENR ranked Construction Management-for-Fee team, then Jacobs is where you belong.
We’re looking for an experienced and collaborative Construction Inspector in Binghamton, NY, who thrives when people are in sync and construction projects are running like they should. You’ll be working as an onsite representative with one of our top clients to assist with the delivery, development and implementation of large scale and comprehensive building projects. You’ll play an active role in the Project Delivery Team to provide quality review, maintain documents of compliance and create contract requirements. You'll review ongoing construction to determine compliance with construction documents and generally accepted standards of workmanship. You may be required, to provide and schedule the special inspections, such as for elevators, window systems, structural steel, concrete and masonry, and quality assurance/quality control inspections as required by the contract.
- 6+ years construction experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or 10+ years of construction experience and a High School Diploma
- 4+ years' experience should be as a general Construction Inspector
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and drawings and to compare them with various aspects of construction in progress
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and be willing to drive to client sites
- Work will require access to secure facilities and employment will be dependent on clearing a background check
*No sponsorship is available for this position*